SPC Evangelist and Disciple Maker
Overall job purpose
- As part of the leadership team to evangelise and make disciples, so that the church grows in faith, love and mission.
- Evangelism: including door to door outreach & building relationships with Gospel purpose, so that people are invited to trust Jesus as their saviour. Cultivating love for the lost.
- Discipleship: Building relationships with individuals at SPC, including through 1 to 1 mentoring, so that people mature in their faith and are equipped themselves to make disciples. Cultivating love for the saints.
Additional activities, as part of the Leadership team
- Bible teaching in public and private, so that the church grows in joyful trust and submission to Christ, in moral obedience and generosity, humbly depending on God in prayer.
- Praying, and leading others to pray, for the people and ministry of SPC and wider Gospel partnership.
- Wider Leadership Activities
- Sharing in the responsibility for the governance and administration of the ministry at SPC, so that the unity of the church is maintained.
- Sharing in leadership of services
- Conducting week day services as required, including weddings, funerals etc
- Assisting with and leading outreach and other ministry programmes
- Supervising staff and volunteers, giving direction, feedback and development opportunities, in a way that develops Christlikeness and effective ministry
- Working in partnership with other local Evangelical churches to evangelise the local area,
As an employee, you will be accountable to the Trustees of South Park Chapel through regular trustees meetings, and appraisal.
Terms & Conditions
Salary: £22,000 plus Tied Accommodation, reasonable expenses (eg for ongoing training, book allowance etc.)
Benefits: pension, council tax, utilities.
Holiday: 4 weeks