South Park Chapel (SPC) is a small and friendly evangelical church in a multicultural area of East London. We strive to be a church that joyfully serves Christ and has a powerful impact on the local area to his glory. We want to do this by enhancing our evangelism and disciple making.
- Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Our ambition, is for every person in the church to live out their faith 24/7, as a disciple maker in their home, place of work and in the local area, and for all the people living around the church building to have the opportunity to get to know Jesus for themselves and become followers of him.
As disciples of Jesus we want to follow him, be changed by him and be committed to his mission. The Leaders’ vision for the church is that each disciple in the church grows in spiritual maturity, to become more equipped themselves to make disciples.
SPC is led by a group of elders, who make up the Leadership team, and we encourage all member ministry. In our church activities we seek to
- Prioritise systematic, expository Bible teaching, so that God’s word has authority and sets the agenda for us
- Be welcoming to all ages and cultures –which means our services are relaxed and family friendly.
- Make Jesus known as saviour, in partnership with other evangelicals.
We encourage Spiritual growth through personal Bible study and prayer, and actively support a wide range of missionary organisations, through organised prayer and giving, as well as encouraging prayer for a different country each month. We are members of South East Gospel Partnership, actively support church planting, and run a fairly full programme of outreach to the local community. We want to develop our outreach further.
You will be part of the leadership team as a catalyst for outreach and disciple making. Your particular responsibility will be to
- Introduce non-believers to Jesus through door to door outreach and one to one Bible study, so that the community of believers at SPC grows, and
- Disciple believers at SPC, so that they are themselves equipped to make disciples
We want every believer at SPC to grow in faith, increase in love for others, and share in the mission of making disciples of Jesus. We want the disciple makers at SPC to increase in number and confidence.
As part of the leadership team you will work with the other elders to set the strategic direction of the church, and share the responsibility for the pastoral oversight of the church and leading its ministry. This leadership will include preaching and leading services, pastoral visiting and prayer. You will help us to focus our activities so that they more clearly achieve the aims of engaging and evangelising non-believers, and establishing and equipping believers.
As a leadership team we are open to new ways of doing things, and above all we want to serve Jesus with integrity. We support each other pastorally and work collegiately to advance the mission of SPC.
Salary: £22,000 plus accommodation & bills, reasonable expenses and funding for ongoing professional training. For more information look for Disciple Making at www.southparkchapel.co.uk.
This role could be carried out by an individual or a couple on a job share basis.
Applying for the Role
Please apply by emailing a covering letter setting out what you will bring to the role, and why you are suitable, together with a CV, to Jason Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 31 August 2018.